How to Make Handmade Wire Jewelry For Custom Handcrafted Jewelry
Summary: Learn tips to make handmade wire jewelry that can be also named “Danish love knot”. This trend is all the rage right now, especially with the retro style fashion that we have been seeing lately. These unite for making custom handcrafted jewelry are actually surprisingly well-known.
So the shorts and sandals season is creeping up on us, but are you ready to show them off? Whether you like to celebrate the summer time with a t-shirt or beautiful sundress, you cannot do it without attractive jewelry. In this tutorial, you will learn how to make these cool vintage inspired earrings. But first, let’s learn how to create these handmade wire jewelry. These are entirely handmade jewelry using coils of wire only. You got to love them!
Things needed to make these handmade wire jewelry :
A Cylindrical Object
Flat Nose Plier
Preparing the handmade wire jewelry:
Step 1: Make basic coils
1. Take your wire and start to wind your wire around a mandrel. To make a common sized bead, find a cylindrical object with a diameter of 6mm;
2. When you have made enough coils, remove the mandrel. Each handmade jewelry bead needs 12 coils);
3. Snip the coils twice to create three equally sized pieces .
Step 2: Assemble the coils into a bead
1. Pick up two of the components and hook one onto one another as if you were putting your keys onto a key ring;
2. Once you’ve attached them together, they should look like the second image below;
3. Take the 3rd coiled component and insert it onto one of the above two pieces in same way;
4. The only thing left to do is to join the two outer coils together;
5. When you’re finished, you’ll get a bead as shown below.
Now you can add matching bead caps or spacer beads on each end of the handmade wire jewelry and attach earwires or jumprings to create a pair of earrings or a bracelet. Creating these custom handmcrafted jewelry for making jewelry can be difficult at first, but they get easier to make as you practice making them!