Handmade jewelry designs-simple yet dignified pearl pendant necklace
Summary: With section of aluminum wire and pieces of lightweight acrylic imitation pearl beads, it’s easy and inexpensive to make this elegant pearl pendant necklace. Check it out for the details on how to make this handmade jewelry design.
Colorful Acrylic Beads, Imitation Pearl Style, Round, PearlPink, Size: about 12mm in diameter, hole: 2mm, about 570pcs/500g(PACR-12D-3)
Unit: 500 g Weight: 575(g)
US $4.16 / 500 g
Brass Wire, Nickel Free, Silver, 0.5mm, 9.5m/roll(CW0.5mm006)
Unit: 10 Rolls Weight: 326(g)
US $5.49 / 10 Rolls
Brass Twist Chains, Come On Reel, Oval, Silver, Size: Chains: about 3mm long, 2mm wide, 0.6mm thick, 92m/roll(CHC-S103-S)
Unit: 92 m Weight: 1065(g)
US $17.66 / 92 m
Side Cutting Pliers, Ferronickel, Nickel Color, Black/Red, 11cm long(P019Y-1)
Unit: 1 Plier Weight: 64(g)
US $0.88 / 1 Plier
Round Nose Pliers, Ferronickel, Nickel Color, Black/Red, 12.5cm long(P035Y-1)
Unit: 1 Plier Weight: 72(g)
US $0.62 / 1 Plier
Pearls are considered to be graceful and can complement any outfit without overshadowing it. Real freshwater pearl tend to be the most expensive and beautiful as they are glossy and have a good reputation built on centuries of using them. However, you can easily buy the glass or imitation pearl beads from most craft shops. With the right handmade jewelry designs and techniques, you can create your own pearl pendant necklace.
Supplies needed to make the pearl pendant necklace:
12 & 8mm Acrylic Bead-imitation pearl
2mm Aluminum Wire
0.5mm Brass Wire
Side Cutting Plier
Round Nose Plier
Details for the handmade jewelry designs:
Step 1: wrap the frame of pendant
1. Make a loop at one end of your wire using round nose pliers;
2. Create a large curve using a mandrel. Curve in the opposite direction of the loop;
3. Form the 3rd loop with thinner part on mandrel;
4. Cut the excess tail and you’ll get a frame as below.
Step 2: add on the pearl beads
1. Snip a short strand of 0.5mm brass wire, about 20cm is enough;
2. Anchor the wire on the frame with several turns;
3. Slide on the smaller pearl bead and wrap certain number of turns to help it stay in place;
4. Add on the 12mm pearl bead and another 8mm piece in same way;
5. Affix the end of the wire in the same manner as you did at the beginning of the wire.
And this is the pearl pendant!
Step 3: add on chain
For a pearl pendant necklace, I simply made use of the silver chain. Finally, connect the two tips of the chain using a small jumpring. Or add on a lobster claw clasp if you want your item to be a snug piece.
The wire wrapped pearl pendant necklace is completed, and it merely took me a quarter of an hour with a budget of less than 5 dollars. All the handmade jewelry designs are simple to make at home, as long as you take the essential tools and supplies.