Unique handmade jewelry-DIY dreamcatcher earrings in 3 simple steps
Summary: This tutorial shows you how to make this unique handmade jewelry, a pair of DIY dreamcatcher earrings. Add some style and fresh accessories to your appearance and whip up more fantastic creativity in your life.
Aluminum Wire, RoyalBlue, about 1.5mm thick, 6m/roll(AW6X1.5MM-09)
Unit: 10 Rolls Weight: 352(g)
US $3.41 / 10 Rolls
Brass Wire, Nickel Free, SteelBlue, 0.5mm, 9.5m/roll(CWIR-0.5MM-8)
Unit: 10 Rolls Weight: 271(g)
US $6.10 / 10 Rolls
Iron Earring Hooks, Silver Color, Size: about 18mm long, 18mm wide, 0.8mm thick, hole: 2mm(E135-S)
Unit: 5000 pcs Weight: 1176(g)
US $10.37 / 5000 pcs
Gemstone Beads Strands, Natural Citrine, Yellow, about 5~8mm long, hole: 0.3mm; 36"(F044)
Unit: 20 Strands Weight: 1369(g)
US $30.73 / 20 Strands
Jewelry Pliers Sets, Ferronickel, Black, 11~12.5cm, 3pcs/sets(PT-MSMC001-M1)
Unit: 1 Set Weight: 202(g)
US $2.65 / 1 Set
This is a pretty simple diy dreamcatcher earrings project to do! Compared to other dream catcher patterns, this one only requires a handful basic wire wrapping skills. With simple steps you can weave this unique handmade jewelry as well.
Materials needed in the diy dreamcatcher earrings:
1.5mm Aluminum Wire
0.5mm Brass Wire
Gemstone Bead (Natural Citrine)
Flat Nose Plier
Round Nose Plier
Side Cutting Plier
Instructions on the unique handmade jewelry:
Step 1: Work the frame
1. Cut a 15cm long piece of aluminum wire, and make a simple loop around a beading awl;
2. Wrap the shorter end around the longer one to close the loop off;
3. Form a loop at the top with a pair of round nose pliers;
4. Coil the excess wire around the base of the loop several times;
5. Finally, trim of the leftovers. This is what the frame of your DIY dream catcher earrings should look like.
Step 2: Wrap the dream catcher net
1. Take a fairly long 0.5mm piece of brass wire, and fix one end on the frame by coiling it around for several turns;
2. Keep wrapping the wire around the circle while adding beads in the center of the dream catcher;
3. Fix the end firmly by creating several coils and you’re done the main part of earring.
Step 3: Add the earring hooks
Open the loop on the earring hook, and then attach on the dream catcher component.
Repeat the previous steps above for the second earring to complete the pair.
You can make different versions of this design by using different beads and wire. What’s more, is that the two types of wires used to make this unique handmade jewelry project for this pair of DIY dream catcher earrings are all easily available on Pandahall, which provides you with a convenient and economical shopping experience.