Homemade jewelry-simple friendship bracelet for boyfriend and girlfriend
Summary: Learn a new way on how to quickly braid you own cool and stylish homemade jewelry-a versatile friendship bracelet for boyfriend and girlfriend. It is really easy to follow and so much fun to make.
Nylon Thread Cord, DIY Shambala Jewelry Making Cord, LightCyan, about 1mm in diameter, 35m/roll(NS018-15)
Unit: 25 Rolls Weight: 762(g)
US $19.05 / 25 Rolls
6/0 Glass Seed Beads, Transparent Colours, Red, about 4mm in diameter, hole: 1mm, about 4500pcs/pound(SDB4mm5)
Unit: 1 Pound Weight: 518(g)
US $1.31 / 1 Pound
6/0 Glass Seed Beads, Transparent Colours, Brown, about 4mm in diameter, hole: 1mm, about 4500pcs/pound(SDB4mm13)
Unit: 1 Pound Weight: 518(g)
US $0.82 / 1 Pound
Brass Lobster Claw Clasps, Nickel Free, Silver Color, about 10mm long, 5mm wide, 3mm thick, hole: 1mm(KK-901-S-NF)
Unit: 200 pcs Weight: 64(g)
US $6.10 / 200 pcs
Iron Scissors, Covered By Plastic, Black, 120x65x8mm(TOOL-D005-5)
Unit: 30 pcs Weight: 690(g)
US $32.01 / 30 pcs
Iron JumpRings, Close but Unsoldered, Nickel Free, Silver Color, about 12000pcs/500g, 0.7mm thick(NFJRS4mm)
Unit: 2000 g Weight: 2300(g)
US $27.44 / 2000 g
Glue, Black, 50x20mm(TOOL-Q003-1)
Unit: 200 pcs Weight: 2300(g)
US $121.95 / 200 pcs
Every time we get to the shorts and sandals weather, I just have to stack my arms with a bunch of adorable bracelets and bangles. Whether it’s a tradition for you, or you just want to try it out, you will love this surprisingly simple homemade jewelry. And while you’re at it, if you select the right string and beads, you can turn this item into a friendship bracelet for boyfriend as well as a girlfriend.
Things you’ll need in homemade jewelry:
4mm Round Seed Bead
1mm Nylon Thread
Lobster Claw Clasp
How to start the friendship bracelet for boyfriend and girlfriend?
Step 1: Get ready to braid
1. Cut 3 strips of 1mm nylon thread, each about 80cm. Fold in half and tie an overhand knot at top. Reserve a 6mm part at the end of the thread to attach the cord end;
2. Clamp the top on a flat surface. Next, separate the strands into 3 groups;
3. Slide one 4mm round seed bead onto the two outer cord ends respectively;
4. Braid the common 3-strand plait;
5. Thread a seed bead onto the two new outer cords and continue to braid;
6. Keep adding beads and braiding until the bracelet reaches about 1cm shorter than your wrist circumference;
7. Close off by tying another overhand knot. Leave 6mm and trim off all excess tails.
Step 2: Add on the clasp
Dab drops of glue onto the leftover 6mm part at the two ends and then insert them into the cord end. Set aside to dry.
Attach the clasp on one end using a jumpring. On the other end, thread a jumpring.
Hook the clasp onto the jumpring and you have created your own homemade jewelry.
As a versatile jewelry design, there is a lot of room for variation with this pattern depending on the twine and beads you prefer and choose. No matter if you make a friendship bracelet for boyfriend or girlfriend, this bracelet makes a great gift at any occasion and circumstance.