Necklace designs-mothers day necklace with the ingenious tree of life pendant
Summary: It is a popular necklace designs on tree of life pendant. You can make the wire wrapped mothers day necklace pendant by following the detailed illustrations and elaborated word explanations.
Gemstone Beads Strands, Natural Rose Quartz, Pink, Chips, about 3~5mm wide, 3~5mm long, hole: 1mm, 34" long(QUAR-3X5)
Unit: 20 Strands Weight: 759(g)
US $14.34 / 20 Strands
Brass Twist Chains, Come On Reel, Oval, Silver Color, Size: Chains: about 2mm long, 1mm wide, 0.35mm thick, 92m/roll(CHC-S100-S)
Unit: 92 m Weight: 358(g)
US $9.42 / 92 m
Aluminum Wire, Salmon, about 1mm in diameter, about 580m/1000g(AW-B005-12)
Unit: 1000 g Weight: 1150(g)
US $10.46 / 1000 g
Jewelry Pliers, Side Cutting Pliers, Polishing, 11cm long(P020Y)
Unit: 1 Plier Weight: 66(g)
US $0.76 / 1 Plier
Jewelry Pliers, Chain-Nose(Flat Nose), Ferronickel, Nickel Color, Black/Red, 12.5cm long(P025Y-1)
Unit: 1 Plier Weight: 82(g)
US $0.88 / 1 Plier
In recent necklace designs, there is a vintage element that has made a comeback by the arriving of Mother’s Day, which is called the tree of life. It is a universal symbol of different cultures and can also be regard as the embodiment of wisdom, bounty, creation and belief. Hence, the adoption of it in a specific mothers day necklace may be appreciated as well.
Things needed in mothers day necklace:
1mm Aluminum Wire
0.5mm Brass Wire
Gemstone beads strand
Side Cutting Plier
Flat Nose Plier
How to start the necklace designs?
Step1: form the frame
1. Take an aluminum wire segment and then form an oval (in this project) around an object in that shape;
2. Twist the wire ends several turns;
3. Work a loop with one end and wrap the tail around the neck;
4. Take the other wire end and wrap it around the neck in same way.
Step2: work the tree of life
1. Cut four 30cm long brass wire strips, fold them in half and separate into three groups as 1-2-1. Attach to the frame by wrapping and twisting;
2. Take the left ends, wrap the rest 6 ends for tree trunk as picture show;
3. Separate the 8 ends again;
4. Slide on the glass chips and secure by wrapping the excess tails around the frame;
5. Then the second wire;
6. Repeat the same processes until complete entire tree of life.
Step3: add on the chain
Snip a certain long chain and then thread the pendant onto it. Connect the first link and last link by a small jumpring and then it’s a meaningful mothers day necklace at once.
Though the pendant itself is shroud with mystery, the tree of life embodies totally love and gratitude for hardworking moms when worn as an adornment. While practical mothers day necklace pendant, all skills needed is simple wire wrapping technique. This may help you master the advanced techniques bit by bit, and create more fabulous necklace designs as well.