Making Vintage Flower Hair Barrettes with Metal Leaves and Ribbons in 10 Minutes
Summary: This tutorial is going to instruct you how to make vintage flower hair barrettes step by step with clear pictures. Follow us to give it a try!
Materials for making Vintage Flower Hair Barrettes:
1) 1pc hair bobby pin, bronze color
2) 3pcs metal leaves, antique bronze color
3) 8pcs approx. 4,5cm satin ribbon, pink
4) 1pcs approx. 8cm satin ribbon, pink
5) 1pc rose cabochon, pink
6) 6pcs metal leaves, antique bronze
7) 1pc cabochon setting, antique bronze color
8) 3pcs electroplate glass beads, cone, different colors
9) 4pcs electroplate glass beads, drops, 2 clear and 2 gray
1) Glue gun
2) 1pc plastic stick for glue gun
How to make vintage flower hair barrettes
Step1: Glue leaves
1st, take the glue gun and let it heat up very well. Put one drop of the glue on a leaf and press the other on top of it. Repeat this step to place the third leaf.
Step2: Fold ribbon pieces and stick onto leaves
1st, fold all satin ribbon pieces and stick the ends together with a drop of the glue.
2nd, glue every satin ribbon piece onto the leaves as shown on the picture.
Step3: Adding embellishment
1st, now put the cabochon setting on top of them.
2nd, add the filigree metal leaves and the drop beads. Glue everything very well.
3rd, add the rose, the three cone beads and a sweet, little ribbon that you form from the long satin ribbon piece.
Step4: Glue hair bobby pin
Finally glue the hair bobby pin on back of the barrette.
This is the final look!
Congratulations! A gorgeous flower hair barrette is born; it’s a really tempting and tender decoration to perfect many great hairstyling.